Thursday, December 11, 2008

Jimmy V Classic- What a speech....................

Hey Yinzers,

So this may be a few weeks late, but College Basketball is almost back and after a few more bowl games - We will be in full B-ball heaven. The Jimmy V classic was held this week at Madison Square Garden in NYC. This event is one of the few I am very proud of. It raises money and awareness about Cancer and Cancer research. Chances are you have had a member of your family or someone you know whom has cancer or is an Cancer survivor. The Jimmy V classic is a wonderful thing even if you are not a college basketball fan or not.

I did not know Jimmy V personally or even know that much about him . I knew he was loved by his friends and hated by his enemies. I have heard allot of good and bad about him. But I do not judge people by any means. His Never give up speech is one of the finest sports speeches I have ever seen : I hope you appreciate the message and learn to use a part of it in your everyday life.

Please take the time to appriciate who you know-and who you are!
Have a great Weekend!
NIX

No comments: