Saturday, March 6, 2010

Once a Pittsburgher, Always a Pittsburgher

Hola Yinz,

I have been thinking about football lately, as the sport has graced my local newscast. San Diego's beloved running back, LaDainian Tomlinson, is no longer a "Super" Charger, though his tattoo says differently. There is no loyalty in this city, the fans are so wishy-washy. It is nothing like the loyal fan base of the Pittsburgh teams. I would have to say, once a Pittsburgher, always a Pittsburgher, even if you are adopted by the city.


One such adoptee, quite possibly my favorite, Jerome Bettis! THE BUS was born in Detroit, but came to Pittsburgh in 1996. He continues to maintain a home in the Burgh. You can even catch him on WPXI hosting the Jerome Bettis Show. If you get hungry, grab a bite at the Jerome Bettis Grille 36. He has left his mark on the city.

There are fans worldwide; why wouldn't you be a fan of the greatest city on earth. What can I say, I am a proud PITTSBURGHER!


Labuda on the Left Coast

No comments: