Tuesday, November 11, 2008

On ICE!

Smilin' Like the Butchers Dog- It's Hockey time
Hey Yinzers,

Well Kiss my Grits it's hockey season and I love to play hockey. I absolutely love hockey, as for the Heckler he hates it and that is why we are dedicating the NHL 09 preview to him today and tomorrow. ( The Brogs decided that they would take the good ole Pittsburgh Family picture for the Site today)


The best team around is always going to be the Penguins, so get over it. Lets start with their division.


The Atlantic ( Or the HOT-Lantic)





Pittsburgh Penguins: after a long season , and being let down in the Stanley cup finals. The pens have allot to prove. They unloaded half their team to the Tampa Bay Lightning and the other half is still wondering why. Sid and Geno are quite the pair and should be able to run the table late in the season. They do not have Gary Roberts or that other ass hole that went to Detroit. They still are my pick to win the division and the Cup- Deal.



New York Rangers: why in the hell would you give JJ up for an over seas contract to Russia. Even so they are stacked with two hellacious lines of scoring power, with the pick up of Wade Redden and Hedrik lundquist they are solid and at this point leading the Pens by 4 points. Look for them to be the hardest team to beat in this division.




New Jersey Devils: Good ole' Satan's team. I hate the Devils enough said. I received an early Christmas gift this year when long time goal tender Martin Brodeur went down with an elbow injury and had to have surgery. The 69 year old goal tender might want to hang it up after this year. ( My opinion) no really they are always good in this division but it will totally count on the return of Brodeur.

Philfadelphia Flyers: enjoy your world series win because your hockey team is trash. Also doesn't your coach cry about absolutely everything. There is not one name on the roster worth watching- OK KNUBLe that is it. As you can see I am a huge fan of our in state rivals. I hope they continue to suck.




New York Islanders: They are the Cincinnati Bengals of this division. Although I do not dislike them at all. They produced the likes of Mike Bossie and Bryan Trottier( my fav of all time). They have no shot to get out of the cellar in this division unless the Philly tribe decides to suck more than average this year.


I will continue on with this riveting preview tomorrow. I mean Thursday!

NIX

No comments: