Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Blog me gently!

Hey Yinzers,





Well thank god for football the wait is over and now this is football eve in the carolina's. Clempson plays on Saturday vs Alabama- but the real story is The GAMECOCKS.





This is the 4th installment of the Steve spurrier show and to tell you the truth, things are coming along. We were ranked 6th in the Nation at one point last year, and then in true Gamecock fashion we lost the remainding 6 games. That was a real bummer. But this year the Garnet and Black fanatics are already having pep rallys and beer specials with thoughts of an SEC championship in their heads. The only problem with that is the schedual: Bottom line is , we beat Georgia in 3 weeks we have a chance- little but it is a chance.

THE FOLLOWING IS THE GAMECOCKS ENTRANCE TO 2001...................THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF.................ENJOY!





BIG EAST





So this is the conference that I grew up in. When I was 10 years old I went to my first ever college football game, it was scary- that the west Virgina mountaineers played the South Carolina gamecocks in Morgantown W V. I was a huge Mountaineer fan until my god father at the time started taking me to PITT games. Well no matter I was a Big east Kid. growing up they always flirted with the chance that Notre Dame would join the conference, and after all theses years they are finally in with Basketball. It may take another 10-15 years but Football is coming.





Here is my Prediction on the BIG EAST:





( not saying it is right, but this is my picks)


South Florida/ Pittsburgh: the reason I split this is. USF is still intact from last year with a huge win over Auburn , and many other upsets I could totally see them running the gauntlet while others are having a down year.



West Virgina: they have allot to prove because of the sell out of Rich Rodrigues. Mr. I am never leaving left for the Big House and I wish him nothing but the worst. They are the ranked #1 O line in the NCAA. If that doesn't tell you something then let me know.



Rutgers: I am not sold on Rutgers But I do like their coach and I like their way to keep on chopping



Louisville: I am a cardinal through and through, but this year with no B. Braum and No coach and a Kragthorpe I am not too convinced on a huge winning season. Look for them to scorch KY this upcoming weekend.



Uconn/Syracuse/Cincinnati: Wait till next year......really!



Big Ten:



First off I hate Ohio State, always have always will. Tried dating a girl one time who went to OSU had to end it before the season started. This is the conference that used to be good. Kinda like Uncle Rico. Wisconsin is on the rise. But Joe PA is old. Really old- this is why they are going to win the conference.





  1. Penn State: first off so what I picked em' their coach is as old as Noah. The flood is coming and especially vs Michigan in the illustrious White Out game. Bring your Bible it's going to be that kind of season.


  2. Ohio State: yeah yeah I know were named after a nut, Jim Tressel is a snappy dresser and a good coach.


  3. Wisconsin: Great chance this year to run the table if Penn State does not beat OSU Wisconsin will.


  4. Iowa: they are defiantly middle of the pack , but great uniforms( like the Steelers)


5. Michigan State: the school that everyone loves to hate. there is a legend that if a girl leaves the MSU campus a virgin that the Helmet will fall off the Spartan-0k spartan Girls are easy.


6. northwestern/purdont/Indiana/Minnesota: are these schools in Division one?



Ok so the predictions are kind of loose and kind of entertaining.That is about it.



I hope every one has a great Hump day! 1 day till Gamecock football



NIX

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think PITT will turn some heads with their sophomore rb coming back off of a huge freshman season...and on top of that, weinstadt sucked up a large quantity of western pa's best.