Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Truck Tuesday: Fan Feature

So game 4 is tonight and I have a good feeling about it. Maybe I will event watch the whole thing. We'll see.

So I have never been to a Pens Home game, but I am sure there are many interesting fans - as there are at an sporting event (i.e. Gamecock Jesus who attends all basketball games). Well, I have heard about this knitting lady who knits at the Pens games. So who is this lady? And why would she possibly knit during a hockey game..I mean if it was baseball, I could understand, but hockey?!


Her name is Michelle and she is quite famous at Pens games for her behavior. Some people are very offended and other could care less because she isn't disturbing anyone.

Apparently Michelle says she knits because it calms her down. She used to get so upset when the players messed up and the refs made bad calls, but now that she started knitting she can really enjoy the game much more. And she says that she is able to remember the game and recall plays much better.

Her and her husband live in Maryland and travel to each game is a 500 mile round trip. They attended 23 regular season home games this season and are planning to go to as many playoff games as they can. Michelle's husband is very supportive of the knitting because it makes Michelle a much happier person at the game.



If you can't tell by the pictures, Michelle is kind of a big deal.



I found this story from PittGirl via PittsburghMag. Just want to give credit where credit is due.

Game four tonight! Lets Go Pens!

Truck

No comments: