Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Image of the Steelers Tarnished?


Yinzers,

Growing up a Steeler fan from Pittsburgh made me Proud. Being Part of the Steelers Nation gives the average fan a sense of belonging. I guess this off season is a real pride issue for me personally. The Steelers to date have never had such a irregular off season riddled with off the field incidents. So my question to you is , what the hell is going on?



I would make fun of teams like the Raiders and the Bengals for always leading off newscasts with one of their star players going to jail for doing something stupid. But now times have changed. With Big Ben Leading off every news cast with Rape allegations from Ga. I no longer want to watch sports. The Squeaky clean image of the Steelers has been blemished ( for the time being) and Being a fan really makes me wonder if this continues are we in for a big "nothing " of a season?

In the past few off seasons, there has been two Rape allegations, Motorcycle wreck,Drug charges and a paper towel dispenser fight- not usual for the Rooney family and the Pittsburgh Steelers. Does this make me proud- no. I am starting to wonder if I will continue to be such a rabid Steeler fan if these incidents contiue to pile up,you know as I do, it is hard enough in this world dealing with people's ridicule on a daily basis that you have to put yourself out there as a Steeler fan and take crap from other fans.( because of bonehead mistakes from your players)

I know things change, I know people change but the one thing that I have on a daily basis is that Pittsburgh , they have always done the right thing. I look for the next few weeks to be quiet as we get ready for the Draft- and hopefull we can go back to the offseasons that I know best- boring ones.
Wade


( Lets go Pens- beat the Sens)

No comments: