Monday, September 6, 2010

Truck Tuesday


Hey Yinz,

Well Only a few days until the Steelers first real game. Pre-season games are something that I still don't really understand, so I'm glad thats over - but I guess winning 3 of 4 makes us fairly solid...right?


Well this Sunday the Steelers begin their season at home against the Atlanta Falcons. When I was growing up, the Falcons were geographically the closest Pro football team to me. I would say that most people decide to be fans of teams that they are closest to them. This might make you think that I would have some type of fan loyality to Atlanta because they were the closest team. However, up until a few years ago I didn't even know the Falcons were a football team - they could have just as easily been a basketball or hockey team (Obviously I knew they were not a baseball team, everybody in the South knows the Braves...right?). To my benefit I never followed any pro sports until joining the igloo club. Basically the Falcons were never a good enough team to know or care about. On the other hand, I have always know that winning pro football teams (i.e. the Steelers) played football, because hey, they actually win - like superbowls! Anyways, basically I am trying to say that Alanta sucks and the Steelers have to win this game.



Dennis Dixon is the starting quarterback for the first game. And Roethelisberger will make his first appearance in 4 games. Not surprisingly, Roethelisberger is no longer a team captain. The team captains will be Heath Miller, Hines Ward, James Farrior & Keyaron Fox - all solid players. Wait, who is Keyaron Fox?....seriously? Fortunately, we have Troy and his hair back on the field this year. Hopefully he will stay injury free this season.

This Sunday Chad is hosting breakfast at his house at 9am before the 1pm kickoff. Come join us and bring a dish!

Here we go!
Truck

No comments: