Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Truck Tuesday (Night)


Hey Yinz,

My apologies for blogging so late on a Tuesday night. The Igloo Club 222 took a field trip to my home state to watch the USC/Auburn game this past Saturday. We stayed on a plantation that the richest man in Alabama owns (unfortunately, not kin to me), so that was pretty sweet. Pictured above is the igloo club posing by the lie down tree on the plantation, aka the coolest tree in the world, according to Russell (my mom).




On Saturday, we tailgated with some friendly Auburn fans. I have heard that Auburn fans are friendly, but after this weekend, I really believe it. I grew up my whole life loving the tide and hating the tigers, but Auburn is really growing on me. During the game we sat in my uncle's club level seats and got evil eyes from all the Auburn fans around us. We were definitely living the high life this weekend, and it would have been perfect, other than the outcome of the game. The gamecocks played a good game, but they could not get it together by the end of the game. I'm pretty sure the gamecocks defense never showed up the entire second half. I have so much more to say, but I will refrain so I don't get too worked up, again.



On the way home from our trip on Sunday we made a stop in Atlanta at one of the Pittsburgh bars. This bar was called Y-knot and it was pretty authentic - I saw several true yinzers there. This is also the first time that I have seen another person wearing a Lambert jersey, and I actually saw 3 people wearing it. Unfortunately I had to sit next to a cowboys fan who knocked over my drink, but he took a picture of us and our new Atlanta (Pittsburgh) friends as his penance. If you ever find yourself in Atlanta (well, Peachtree City to be exact), you should definitely check out this bar.

I know B Brog will go into this in more detail on Thursday, but the Steelers game was solid. It was probably the best game I have seen in the year and 3 games that I have been following the Steelers. And it made up for the disappointing gamecock loss on Saturday night. I am very impressed with Charlie Batch to say the least!

Have a great Tuesday Night!

Truck

No comments: