Saturday, September 11, 2010

Call Me Deacon Blues


Yinzers,

I'm not saying that Penn State had any chance of pulling out the upset tonight, but the final score in reality should have been 24-21. The first time Penn State was ready to score, Robert Bolden showed his inexperience by trying to throw a pass while an Alabama defender was wrapped around his waist. The second drive into the red zone, Devon Smith fumbles inside the 5 yard line. The third time into scoring position, Graham Zug drops a very catch-able ball with nobody within 10 yards of him. On top of that, there was simply no form tackling on defense. Don't get me wrong, for being such a young team, I'm pleased with the play of the younger players. Outside the four things I just listed, I think this game was a great experience for the team. Looking forward, I think the future will be very bright judging on the Nittany Lions' play in Tuscaloosa.

For the Glory,
B Brog

No comments: