Tuesday, September 7, 2010

In the Begining......








Yinzers,




At this point it's all academic.Pumpkin Spice fills the air,the season is set and Fall is on the main stage. The Steelers along with the dozen college teams that we follow are getting ready for their trek in the 2010 season. I obviously, as you can tell am ready to go right now. Let the neh-sayers continue with the Steeler Bashing routine and continue throughout the season. Whatever Ben does from this point on is "wrong" and the Steelers are the new "Raiders".

-Bullshit-

What you don't know is that in real life everyone gets a second chance. Thanks to Bill Clinton and the rest of the democratic party, everyone and I mean everyone and their cousin gets numerous chances to prove that they are human . The early point I am trying to make is, that the scene is set for the Steelers to make a hard run at the Playoffs, do I dare say 7th Championship. I dare, I dare.




Lets look at the Obvious, all great teams overcome some ridiculous story that plagues them in the beginning of the season or last season etc etc( or bathroom incident- wash your hands) etc. The Steelers have that, Ben and Santonio etc. All great teams have veterans and a surly bunch of new guys trying to make their way in the NFL. We have that. We also have brought back numerous veterans Foote, EL, Mcfadden.You get the point. Finally the best of all the main points why the Steelers will have an unbelievable season is that no-one other than Peter King at SI has picked us to do the unthinkable. WIN.



Yeah, so what the Rat-birds are picked to go one and two with the Bungals in the AFC North, they can totally have it. The ravens are old, the Bungals won't win -too much crap on that team to start talking about, main point Steelers are off the Radar. The only time you will hear anything about the Steelers is when they are Ben bashing and saying how the Steel Curtain is tarnished...blah blah yawn blah.


Now don't blast me with saying, oh we are going to have an easy season, no I did not say that.-We don't know whom the injury bug will hit or persay how the Steelers will be able to gel in the first 4 games- maybe they won't? From my expierence in the last few story book seasons I have lived through( pens and detriot) and Steelers last minute drive to win the SB. It can happen. Realize that it can happen.




So I have totally thrown out this huge equation and tried to not Rah , Rah the whole time, but the turkey is on the table and this season will be like no-other. The only variable that I don't know is how the Steeler Nation is going to respond over the course of this season? Will they accept the Apology and look at the task at hand? I hope they do. I did.



So bring on Matt Cryin Ryan and the Falkin' Falcons and get ready with Your Terrible Towel, It's finally time for football, oh excuse me Steeler Football.

Dixon with the start (and finish)on Sunday-


The Last time I checked we were From the City of Pittsburgh, No-one has ever given us anything, we have earned it. We are blue collar, loyal and black n gold. ( and don't really take shit from anyone, hear me Cleavland, Baltimore and Cinci)

Buckle up, keep track of our whereabouts -IGLOO CLUB 222 on Facebook.


Exhale, HERE WE GO!


Wade

1 comment:

B Brog said...

Springdale 20
North Catholic 6