Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Truck Tuesday



The Igloo club hosted Brogano drop in last Thursday night. We all had a great time and I was very happy to finally meet to rest of the fam which I have heard a plethera of stories about - all good and entertaining of course!


While preparing for their arrival I realized how much I have missed having people over to watch football and hockey games! For Brognano drop in we fixed some of our favorite dishes that we have not made since last fall/winter, such as meatballs, haluski, & artichoke dip - delicious! Wade's haluski really keeps getting better and better! When football season begins I will start trying out the Pennsylvania cookbook that we picked up on vacation and give a few a few recipies a try...we will see how this goes. perogies anyone? I will report on my progress Julie & Julia style, but more like Truck & da Burgh.



Well we have 23 days till Gamecock football (sept2) and 33 days till Steeler football (sept12) - when I start cooking. Let the coutdowns begin!

Note: I am just happy that I am excited right now, b/c come January when the Steelers are DEFINITELY in the playoffs and the Pens hockey season looks like it will never end, you all will be singing the song - "we think that charleigh is pittsburghed aht, pitts-burghed aht"



...sung to the tune of "Pittsburgh Hot" of course ;)

One last note - I will be ordered Igloo Club t-Shirts at the end of this week. If you want one and have not informed me yet, please let me know by Thursday - you can just comment on the blog if you want. $12 each.

Sorry for the late post.

Much love,
Truck

No comments: