Thursday, August 19, 2010

To Ben or not to Ben......


Yinzers,


I have read publication after publication( including Pittsburgh Magazine) talking about how this is going to be the toughest season for the Steeler Nation ,based on the present off season. OK so this isn't the same scenario as Steeler teams past, with their problems at the time. It's a new NFL and a if you haven't noticed a very different time period.


Players today ( first of all) make a ton of Money. Just loads of dough that we could not fathom in a lifetime. They are also held to idol status and in the instance of being in Pittsburgh, they are what makes up our sporting community. The city of Pittsburgh has the identity of it's players. For years it was hard working and blue collar -along with good natured hard nosed sob's.


For the first time in a long time, people have a real reason to put down the Steelers and their Franchise. For the first time in a long time people are doubting the best franchise in professional sports but for the first time in my adult life - we really are challenged.


Will it be a Super Bowl year( all signs point to yes) I do Not know? But what I do know is that Big Ben is the First super star of my generation, and in my screwed up Generation what he did was wrong- but he is getting his final chance. Let's put it this way, he didn't kill anyone , and didn't dog fight for money . He did make a wrong choice that was selfish....so the million dollar question is .....Will you Ben or not?


Coming from Pittsburgh Character is almost as important as your last name. So does he have Character to turn around this season and his life- who knows? I do know this he is a Football player that is it. He is not going to shape the future, or my life. So I am giving the Great Big Ben one more chance to prove to me he is not an ass.


Good luck ole boy!

Be like me, come week 4 you are going to love to see Ben back under center for the Super Bowl champs.


No i am not drunk, Just a Steeler fan ready to prove why we are number one once again.
Suck it Baltimore


Wade

No comments: