Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tales from Aisle 9


Yinzers,

More colorful people have been in the store recently, but only one has been worth writing about. On Monday, I had one of the funnier stories of someone shooting himself in the foot...well not exactly. So a customer comes in looking for a small set screw. Of course, he has no idea what diameter, thread pitch or length he needs, he's "just gonna eyeball it." I noticed the man had an ace bandage wrapped around his right hand, so I had to ask. "What happened there?"

"Well, I was cleaning my hand gun the other day and had an accident. I took the magazine out and began taking the rest of the gun apart and cleaning it. Once I got the barrel off, the phone rang and I went to go answer it. When I got back, I noticed there was some gunk in the chamber, so I tapped the gun on the table and the damned thing went off and blew a hole in my hand."

"Wow, that sucks..." was all I could muster up. Personally, I think there should be a comprehensive IQ test for both licensing to conceal weapons and licensing to drive vehicles. That story right there is enough to strike fear into my heart, just knowing that that guy is also licensed to drive a car.

Other than that, it has been a boring week at the store. So boring, we must entertain ourselves by wearing welding goggles and painters' hats to keep entertained.

B Brog

No comments: