Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A boy and his city




Yinzers,
Yinz all know that feeling, the feeling of the Saturday night before the Steelers play a playoff game....the feeling you get/got when knowing that the tickets are bought and your outfit is picked out and you are going to Kennywood the next day.........cue the music

That is the Constant feeling I have......a boy and his (BB GUN)city.




As you know( the 7 people that read this blog) I love Pittsburgh.


There is nothing in this world( other than God, Family and Friends ) that I love more than the city of Pittsburgh. I am even more excited to see people that I haven't seen in a long time.


Sports is my bread( Mancini) and Butter( giant eagle) till the day I die - but the point of this blog is that the People that I know and love from Pittsburgh is the reason I am so excited to go back.


People make the city and the Memories. I am so excited to see the three out of the Four families of Pittsburgh royalty, the Nevala's,Vero's and Brognano's( Frieses are on Vacation). These people along with so many friends( Nicole,Jarv unit, etc. etc.) make these trips possible for me. My Grandma and Aunt and Uncle are also on the top of the list.-

I could not imagine being from anywhere else on the planet. Is it bad that as we are in the 1000th day of the Oil spill the only thing I have on my mind is getting to see the last place Bucos on Sunday(1:35p) vs the 1st place Padres .

Once again I am gearing up like it is my first time going through the tunnels off of route 51 during night time traffic going into the city.....chills. We are very excited to expierence a summer time visit to Pittsburgh the first since( summer of 1998) .

So as we start the trip up the road to the Mecca,

Have a great week

Wade

No comments: