Monday, May 10, 2010

Truck Tuesday




Mornin' Yinz!

This past weekend yours truly spent a few days at my uncle's condo in Panama City Beach (Pure Bliss)! On Friday evening while watching TV with my family, my uncle handed me the perfectly laminated TV guide page. I wasn't looking for any particular station, but about the tenth station on the list was Versus.

dun dun DUN! Could it be that I would actually get to see game five after missing game four because of traveling? I quickly texted a few people to confirm that the game would be shown on Versus and to my delight it was! Saturday another day was spent on the beach and we came in early to go to an outdoor shopping area and out to dinner. At 6pm (central time) I felt the itch. I didn't ask anyone when we would get home because I knew they wouldn't get it - I was with a clan of Alabamians! By the time we made it home, there were 2 minutes left in the second period.My uncle patiently watched the final period with me and I explained to him how the hockey playoffs worked - something he knew nothing about. In that last period, I finally realized something. I realized that I cared about hockey, and more specifically the pens. Over the past year of watching hockey - that sometimes felt like 2 or 3 years - and whining and complaining during most of it, I finally got sucked in. I can't give you a definitely day or game when this change occurred, but I realized it as a watched a game for the first time away from the igloo club that I wanted to watch hockey. I'm sure when I go my seperate way from the igloo club, I won't follow this sport as closely as I did this season, but I am sure that for the rest of my life, if I do catch a game, I will stop to watch it and reminise all the great times and great people that I met while watching these games.

Sorry, I let my ovaries get the better of me. I just wanted to let you all know about my epiphany.


Last night was definitely a disappointing game. But if the pattern of this series stays the same, Pittsburgh will be winning game 7. Hold your breath!

Lets Go Pens,
Truck

No comments: