Friday, September 18, 2009

PSU Friday Preview

Yinzers,

Greetings from The Gentlemen's Loft in State College, a franchise of the Igloo Club Section 222 (don't tell Nix I'm not paying my franchise fees...that will be our little secret).

First off, I apologize for the late blog entry. I was in the lovely city of Bahstahn all day yesterday shooting the breeze with Penn State Science Alumni and giving a speech about the Penn State experience. Yours truly had the honor of flying in the Penn State private plane: a turbo-charged Beechcraft King Air, and got to rub elbows with Dean Larson, Dr. Fischer, and other distinguished administrators and alumni of the college of science. I had a pint of Sam Adams Oktoberfest, oysters on the half shell, and the best damn crab cake samich of my life for lunch yesterday. I love Penn State and I thank all of the administration for letting me partake in the trip. If ynz got a problem wit-at, take it up wit the 804 Express: the bouncers at The Gentlemen's Loft (over 800 lbs of dude, step-off). But now on with your weekly Nittany Lion update:

Topic #1: The Temple Owls...Whadda ya got?
Oh, they're the worst! THE WORST! They're like inviting the 2010 graduating class at the School for the Mentally Retarded over for a game of "Cranium." (I'm not knocking either of those two institutions, it is simply for simile purposes). This is a team who got booted from the Big lEast because they couldn't win any games. They lost last week thanks to 3 interceptions from junior QB Vaughn Charlton. Don't get me wrong, the kid had 317 yards and 2 touchdowns otherwise, but the big stat is blowing a 10 point lead and losing to NCAA Division I-AA Villanova. Sorry Temple, I love your dental school, but ynz need to figure out how to win in the MAC before you can come to Happy Valley with any confidence. Personally, I would just go to Hooters if I were an Owls fan.
Topic #2: The Nittany Lions....Whadda ya got?
aaaaahhhhh They're the best! THE BEST! They're like having a successful kid, you can't help but be proud of 'em. The Nittany Lions come into this weekend's game at 2-0. Once again, I do not have too much to say about this game because the Penn State v. Temple games are simply to humor the massive alumni chapter in the Philthadelphia region. I am still not sold on the o-line. We have two great running backs behind Darryl Clark in Evan Royster and Stephon Greene (Thunder and Lightning, if you will) and our line hasn't been able to effectively gel yet. "It is only week 3," I keep telling my self, "they just haven't played enough time together." This is their last week to mesh since we open the Big-10 schedule with Iowa next week. If they can start clicking, there is no way we can't win the Big-10 title.

Sweeeeeet Bluuuuuuuuue Band! OH! OH! OH!
This week's show for half time is performed by the Penn State Blue Band, a.k.a. "The Diamonds in the Rough." They will grace the ears of Nittany Nation with such greats as "America," "Brother Love," "I'm A Believer," and "Sweet Caroline." I'm sure it will be a phenomenal show, bring yer bics.

As for a prediction...come on. The Temple Owls have lost to ranked opponents 26 times in a row by an average of 31 points...this one is a no-brainer Nittany Nation.

For the glory of Old State,
B.Brog

No comments: