Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Frankly' baseball I really don't give a damn......


Yinzers,

Sorry bout the layoff. I could make a bunch of excuses but I won't lets face it- Football's here and that is all that matters. Other than Draft beer, Classic Rock- and Pittsburgh Sports( football included) This is MY time of year. I love the Fall/Winter Season. I love it.



When I think of Growing up in Western Pennsylvania I can think about how much the Fall meant to me. The leaves would change there was a nip in the air and Football season. When you are born in WPA you live for football for instance High school football is big , College is bigger and of course how the Steelers played decided if you had a great week or a lousy one.
I can also think of my very first College football experience when I was 9 going to WVU and seeing them play the Gamecocks on a fall afternoon. I was hooked. The Mountaineers won 63-0 over ( whom would have thought my college ) USC. Now that I am in my 30's I love football more and more every year. When People comment that Football is not America's sport I ask you how is it not?
As I grew up and went to High School My true love was not Allison Gardner, it was Notre Dame Football. It didn't help that I looked allot like RUDY. I lived and died By everything that Notre Dame did on Saturday's.



When My Godfather started taking me to Old PITT stadium downtown across from Kaufman's(building) my love now switched across and my loyalty changed from WVU to PITT. I was learning and growing with my knowledge of the game into my teens. I also have to tell you that I am a sucker for Tradition and great success. This is when my love affair with Penn State started. Until this day- I still am learning and loving more teams all the time.Louisville I will always love you too. I notice though that as I do grow up I love my original teams more and more and the newer ones fade away. But in the end the main point is that I love the game of Football-




Tonight the South Carolina gamecocks are on the road to kick off the College Football season against out of state rival NC state. I look forward to the big crowd we are supposed to have at the Igloo Club 222 tonight.(join on facebook)In my twenties and Thirties I have come to love Carolina Football as well. I think that football for me not only means pulling for a team, but getting together with people that you haven't seen all year- and you share cigars and memories from season's past. Go Gamecocks.

I am so excited this season to talk more and more about college ball along with my tongue and cheek analysis of the Steelers.


This week in College football I can only think of one major incident I would like to talk about " Tears over Ann Arbor". Head Coach Rich " can't be bought out "Rodriguez cried like a baby over why his current program should not be investigated by the NCAA for multiple violations. The Violations are so bad that Head Coach Jim Tressel From Ohio state sounded like a Genius when discussing what a shit program the Wolverines have this season. -something is def wrong.

Notre Dame has been picked by numerous TV people to do so well this season that they may make an appearance in a BCS game or the Title. Can Charlie Weiss pull this off- who knows. I know My inner child hope's so . My hard core pick this year to do something great is Penn State. Even though Pittsburgh has been picked to Win the Big east I feel that Penn State will run the table and keep on running.



Steelers



The Steelers or should I say the World Champs are in North Carolina playing the Panthers in their final Pre season Show down of the year. The Starters are not playing at all, and other than our buddy Keith Going I will be watching with one eye to see the final curtain call for allot of players that will not make the roster. Please let us get out of Charlotte with no injuries.

The real anticipation will be just trying to wait 7 days till that steelers Kickoff to the NFL season.


Our New Lineup MSM

So after alot of thought and alot of help the MSM is going to have a new lineup of days where we will feature special articles by new writers and alot of new stuff .

Sunday- NFL showcase and Steelers rundown


Monday-NFL recap and Steelers breakdown


Tuesday- What the Hell Sports( we will look at the major story lines along with what boneheads are doing)

Wed- Always Sexy Wedensday
Thursday-College look in for the upcoming weekend

Friday - live from State College with B Brognano

The MSM is also looking for Fan photos that we can post and give you credit about. Send us your Pitt, Penn state- steelers , Pirates and Penguins photos . We also would like to see any sports experiences that you have so we can talk about how great our Readers are! send all fan Photos to Wadester47 @hotmail.com

I hope everyone has a great Kickoff weekend for Football, I am so glad that I do not have to hear how bad the Pirates are from here on out.

Hockey is just around the Corner, just kidding-not really.........

go PITT, PSU, Ville and of course the Cocks!

Wade

No comments: